I thought the Blogger stats were pretty informative, but then I remembered that I'd set up Google Analytics to track traffic on my blog and was blown away with the level of detail of the information provided.
- Since May 21, 2012 when my Emerging Media class started, 49 unique visitors came to my blog
- Those 49 visitors made 86 visits during that time frame, an average of 1.75 visits per visitor
- They viewed a total of 231 pages during their visits, an average of 4.7 pages per visitor
- They spent an average of 3 minutes and 21 seconds per visit
- 50% of visitors left from the same page they entered (bounce rate)
- Almost 56% were new visitors, the balance being repeat visitors
Perhaps the biggest discovery for me was finding the Visitor Flow data as illustrated below. Now I can see the path users took when visiting my blog, and see where they exited.
|Google Analytics for www.kirstywertz.com.|
Which metric do you think would be most valuable when monitoring reader consumption of content?