"No, are you mad at me?"
"No, I thought you were mad at me!?"
"Nope, I'm not mad at you!"
Our usual banter whenever we hung out.
At 9.35am today, Susie, my amazing sister-in-law (known as Aunt Sushi to my kids), lost her battle with melanoma.
Thank you for all the lessons you taught me:
- that driving to Kroger wasn't so scary after all;
- that Jiffy muffin mix made a great coffee cake;
- that a one-piece swimsuit didn't have to be the end of the world;
- that anything with cream cheese is good--even canned chicken;
- that hummingbirds are worth paying attention to; and
- that family is everything.
|A favorite moment with Susie insisting we pose silly for the camera.|